vsftpd and recent kernels including 667

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Nov 5 13:36:41 UTC 2004

Thomas Cameron writes:
> On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 21:57 -0500, Janina Sajka wrote:
> > Just wondering whether others are still experiencing a broken vsftpd?
> >
> > I don't recall exactly when it stopped working, but it was a few kernels
> > back. I'm running x86_64, in case that matters.
> >
> > 				Janina
>
> Hi Janina -
>
> Can you define "broken?"  Mine works fine on FC3 RC5.  vsftpd-2.0.1-5
> and kernel-smp-2.6.9-1.667.
>
> Are there any log entries or error messages you can post?
Turned out to be a pesky errant char in my /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf.
Sorry about this, but your response convinced me to look harder at my
end.

Don't recall exactly when, but think it was some post on one of these
lists that made me think there was some kernel issue--though it didn't
really make sense to me either.

All is well now.