run "mount" with no-user-root en get RW rights

Bites bites at vesle.com.br
Fri Nov 5 19:34:05 UTC 2004

Hello.

I have a problem.

By my station I need to run the command "mount"  to access folders "smbfs" in a server.

$ mount -t smbfs -o username=sambauser //server/sambauser /home/localuser/H

If I run like "root", it works. While "root" I have full access RW in the mounted folder.
But like a "localuser" I have problems: I don't have RW access if mounted using "root".

Ok... the solution would be to run the command "mount" like "localuser".

I found in documentation the command "sudo". I wrote the configurations. Now, the "localuser" can run the command with success.

$ sudo mount -t smbfs -o username=usuariosamba //servidor/usuariosamba /home/usuariolocal/H

The problem is: "sudo" run the commando like "root". And the problem above continues.

Question: how can I run the command "mount", without use the "fstab" file, like a "localuser", with RW rights on the folder shared to "localuser"?

Thank you.

Moisés Bites - bites at vesle.com.br
Gerente de TI (Informática)
Vesle Móveis e Eletrodomésticos Ltda
ICQ:2153978 - MSN:mbites at brturbo.com

"Jesus Cristo é a corporificação do Único Deus Verdadeiro"

	**** Linux Fedora Core    ***
	**** Mozilla Thunderbird  ***
	Use também - Você vai se impressionar-------------

Moisés Bites - bites at vesle.com.br
Gerente de TI (Informática)
Vesle Móveis e Eletrodomésticos Ltda
ICQ:2153978 - MSN:mbites at brturbo.com

"Jesus Cristo é a corporificação do Único Deus Verdadeiro"