usb-ehci and a problem

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Sat Nov 6 16:44:00 UTC 2004

I'm running 2.6.9-1.667 and all my USB stuff works fine.  I was using a
USB Serial port yesterday. (PL2303 type...)  My USB hard drive works
fine too.

I was worried about the USB hard drive because the system log said it
was connected via USB1.1, but it still transferred data at 25MB/sec, so
it must have been using USB2.0

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 13:04 +0000, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I try to /sbin/modprobe usb-ehci, all I get is module ehci_usb cannot
> be found. Is anyone else seeing that?
>
> Also, I have a new floppy drive which has in it an SD reader and other
> card readers. This is picked up as it's connected to one of the USB
> plugs on the motherboard.
>
> There is power to it, but both /sbin/lsusb is showing nothing and kudzu
> didn't see anything.
>
> The drive itself (specs etc) can be seen at
>
> http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hardware/storage/productView.htm?
> quicklinx=2SRJ
>
> As usual, the manufacturers website is brain-dead enough to say their
> site is "optimised" for IE (what ever the heck that means - I'm guessing
> it means it's broken!) and doesn't even mention Linux.
>
> Does anyone know what modules I need to load for it (I have ohci and
> uhci as well as usb-storage loaded, but nothing seems to be found). Is
> it just a case of adding the devices to fstab and if so, what would they
> be called and where would they get mounted?
>
> I'm using FC3T3 (though when I reboot, it is saying I'm still on T2!)
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul
> --
Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc