BitTorrent for FC3 Release

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sun Nov 7 07:12:25 UTC 2004

Sean Bruno wrote:

><WHINY REQUEST>
>
>I am going to be flying out of town when FC3 is released on Monday AM.
>
>If I get up early enough(4:00AM PST), will I be able to start up a
>BitTorrent Download/Share?  I wanted to leave my box up on the Torrent
>for the first few weeks to help out, but I won't be able to get to my
>machine for the next week or so...
>
>No big deal if its not, just curious if I should set my alarm an hour or
>two early in order to start up my Torrent Client.  It seems that it
>about the only thing I can get do for the Linux community lately, i.e.
>leave my machine up on various BitTorrents...
>

></WHINY REQUEST>

What about doing some bash scripting to start the download while you're
away? Here's what I'm thinking about... You can make a simple script
that checks the existence of the torrent files on a given server (1) ,
downloads them and open them using the default bittorrent client. (This
is assuming that you dont use another client , like azureus , for example).
The only problem from (1) is from which server to grab the torrent
files... You can write a parser to grab the .torrent files from the page
at duke.edu or  you can ask someone to grab those .torrent files and
place them on a server with a predefined URL... This way , the script is
much simpler...

If you want my help on this , just mail me....

--
Pedro Macedo