Yum update fails python deps today...

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Sun Nov 7 21:59:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 12:27 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 09:22:32 -0700, Christopher A. Williams
> <chrisw01 at privatei.com> wrote:
> > Running updated on FC3T3 this morning fail with a number of python deps.
> > Following is a snippet of the last part of the output:
>
> Welcome to rawhide! Clearly packages were added in such a way that
> either they were packages with dependancy problems, or some packages
> failed to build in the automated build system. Figure out which
> packages are having problems or were not rebuilt and file bugs against
> the devel tree. But lets be clear this is not a yum problem, and what
> you are seeing is expected behavior from the development tree.

...Ummm I'm already aware of this. Not the issue.

> <lecture mode>
> The development tree... just came out of release freeze. And very
> new.. very raw packages are now showing up in the development tree.
> Its not completely unexpected to see very new packages be included
> that have packaging problems, like missing dependancies or wrong
> dependancies. You can't really think of the development tree as being
> updates for fc3test releases any longer. What development is being
> used for starting yesterday, is staging for fc4.
..snip...

> </lecture mode>

I also didn't need your "lecture" - I've been around long enough on
these trees (let's see... like since FC1 was still called an RHL beta)
to know the score here. Just because the development tree becomes
unstable doesn't mean it shouldn't be brought up.

Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Report an
issue with packages on rawhide and get treated with real disrespect.

sigh...

I'll  go back to my patching now...

Chris

--