Yum update fails python deps today...

Ernest L. Williams Jr. ernesto at ornl.gov
Mon Nov 8 00:19:48 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 18:06 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 12:27 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > <lecture mode>
> > The development tree... just came out of release freeze. And very
> > new.. very raw packages are now showing up in the development tree.
> > Its not completely unexpected to see very new packages be included
> > that have packaging problems, like missing dependancies or wrong
> > dependancies. You can't really think of the development tree as being
> > updates for fc3test releases any longer. What development is being
> > used for starting yesterday, is staging for fc4.
> >

> While I noticed Chris's displeasure at the lecture, *I* didn't know
> that. Not having been exposed to Rawhide until about two weeks ago, I
> would have expected the "unfreeze" to happen *on* the release date of
> FC3, not a couple of days earlier.
>
> Of course, I can see the point since now that the code is being
> distributed and the mirrors are being populated, there's no point in a
> Rawhide freeze any more. Didn't see it coming and wouldn't have
> predicted it, but can understand it.
>
> Spoon-feeding the Rawhide newbies with a quick one-line announcement of
> such events is a totally unnecessary little detail, which would
> nevertheless be gratefully appreciated if at some point it occurs to
> someone to do something like that.

Thanks for this post. I was also getting confused today.

I would like to point one of my boxes to the Fedora Core3 Updates
Repository.
Can someone tell me what to put in my "/etc/yum.conf" and
"/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources" files?

Of course, I will keep one of my boxes pointed at rawhide in
anticipation of Fedora Core4 Test1, hmmm?

Thanks,
Ernesto