Yum update fails python deps today...

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 8 01:21:13 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 17:00, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 19:19 -0500, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
> > Of course, I will keep one of my boxes pointed at rawhide in
> > anticipation of Fedora Core4 Test1, hmmm?
>
> If you have yum-2.1.11-3 already, /etc/yum.conf should have the entries
> you are looking for just commented out. Un-comment the [base], [updates-
> released] and (if you like) [updates-testing] sections and comment out
> the [development] entries. You also may need to tweak a couple of other
> things the first time through in the event that $releasever is still set
> to 2.92 as opposed to 3.

Actually, the latest version of yum only has the global configuration in
yum.conf. The actual repository listings are in the .repo files in
/etc/yum.repos.d/ and they are nowadays provided by the fedora-release
package.

/Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University