Yum update fails python deps today...

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Mon Nov 8 02:12:36 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 17:21 -0800, Per Bjornsson wrote:

> > If you have yum-2.1.11-3 already, /etc/yum.conf should have the entries
> > you are looking for just commented out. Un-comment the [base], [updates-
> > released] and (if you like) [updates-testing] sections and comment out
> > the [development] entries. You also may need to tweak a couple of other
> > things the first time through in the event that $releasever is still set
> > to 2.92 as opposed to 3.
>
> Actually, the latest version of yum only has the global configuration in
> yum.conf. The actual repository listings are in the .repo files in
> /etc/yum.repos.d/ and they are nowadays provided by the fedora-release
> package.
>
> /Per

Good to know. Except my version of Yum does not have any .repo files
in /etc/yum.repos.d/ yet. The directory is there though. Seems you need
to update to the fedora-release version of yum first.

It would likely be easier (for me anyway) to just wait until the mirrors
open in the morning and take advantage of that nifty new 16X Dual-Layer
DVD+-RW I just bought. Looking forward to that <smile>...

Cheers,

Chris

--
When the solution is simple,