Yum update fails python deps today...

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 8 02:51:48 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 18:12, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 17:21 -0800, Per Bjornsson wrote:
> > Actually, the latest version of yum only has the global configuration in
> > yum.conf. The actual repository listings are in the .repo files in
> > /etc/yum.repos.d/ and they are nowadays provided by the fedora-release
> > package.
> >
> > /Per
>
> Good to know. Except my version of Yum does not have any .repo files
> in /etc/yum.repos.d/ yet. The directory is there though. Seems you need
> to update to the fedora-release version of yum first.

What I actually meant was that the files that should be in the
/etc/yum.repos.d/ directory aren't put there by the yum package, they
come from the "fedora-release" package. So likely you have the right
version of yum, it's just that the FC3 version of fedora-release isn't
in Rawhide (and it likely never will be, instead I think that one will
get a new pre-FC4 version instead).

> It would likely be easier (for me anyway) to just wait until the mirrors
> open in the morning and take advantage of that nifty new 16X Dual-Layer
> DVD+-RW I just bought. Looking forward to that <smile>...

Sounds nice...
/Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University