URGENT!!! bugs to be reported

suoko at libero.it suoko at libero.it
Mon Nov 8 12:56:44 UTC 2004

I guess I'm late but I'll try anyway:

MY BOX:
K7TA MB
DURON 800 MHZ
384 MB RAM
HD 80 MAXTOR
GEFORCE 256
DVD-ROM SAMSUNG
CD-RW SAMSUNG
FC3 TEST3 WITH NO UPDATED PACKAGES: I USED THE VERSION ON CDS AS IT IS

TRANSLATION ISSUES (INTO ITALIAN):

MENU OPTIONS
MAin menu: "File browser"
correct translation: "Gestione risorse" (app: nautilus)

More preferences menu: "Default printer"
correct translation: "Stampante predefinita" (app: gnome-default-printer)

BUTTONS:
gnome-font-properties: "Details" button
correct translation for the button: "Dettagli"

gnome-theme-manager: "revert" button
correct translation for the button: "Ripristina"

GENERIC:
gnome-keyboard-properties: all choices under "Selected options" and "Available
options" are still in English

xscreensaver-demo: this application is completely in English

gnome-keybinding-properties: options "Launch help browser", "Log out", "Sleep",
"Lock screen", "Home folder", "Launch web browser" and "Show the panel run
application dialog" are still in English.
Also the explanation sentence in the lower part of the window is in English.

userpasswd: central sentence saying "changing password for ..." is in English

gnome-volume-properties: option "Browse removable media when inserted" is still
in English

gnome-window-properties: bold titles inside the window are in English. "Window
selection", "Titlebar Action" and "Movement Key"

EVOLUTION

3 folders are in English: “Sent”, “Drafts” and “Outbox”

If I select Exchange, the “new” button is in English

Gnome pilot settings application is in English
Under the color tab in the settings window name of colored labels are in English
(I mean “Important”, !”Work” “to do” “Personal” and “Later”

If I choose to create a signature an editor pops up. In this editor many menu
options are in English

Contact editor:
Under “Email” title you can insert email addresses and choose if they are
“Work”, “Home” or “other”
These 3 choices are in English
The same applies to choices for Telephone options

BUGS

MONITOR SETTINGS

After installation, refresh settings for my monitor were not correctly configured:
my monitor is usually recognized as a generic one with max resolution 1024x768
at 60Mhz
Wrong settings in xorg.conf were
HorizSync 31.5 - 57.0
VertRefresh 50.0 - 70.0
while correct settings are
HorizSync 28.0 - 50.0
VertRefresh 43.0 - 75.0

(with bad settings I couldn't use max resolution, only 800x600)

GNOME CD PLAYER

It recognizes the cds, can see all songs inside it but can't play any CDs. After
play it hangs and stop automatically.
CDP application works fine therefore the problem is the gnome cd player.

GNOME-SYSTEM-PACKAGE
Can't install packages since it doesn't see the inserted cd although it
correctly mount it. I tried using both my cd drives

FLOPPY ACCESS
I can't write to floppies neither with root permissions

that's it !

Libero ADSL: navighi gratis a 1.2 Mega, senza canone e costi di attivazione.
Abbonati subito su http://www.libero.it