FC3 Torrents available? [Was: FC3 ISOs alerady online?]

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 8 16:21:55 UTC 2004

Maciej ¯enczykowski said:
> I don't understand why there's a second torrent/tracker
>

> doesn't bittorrent work better when there are more people using it?
> shouldn't everybody be using the same torrent?

In theory, yes everybody should be using the same torrent.  In practice,
though, having a torrent for two geographical locations (one Americas, one
Europe) prevents your torrent client from having to go over the slow,
across the ocean links.  It makes more sense for people in the Americas to
connect to peers in the Americas and people in Europe to connect to peers
in Europe.  I guess if you don't fall into either of those categories you
just use which ever is faster for you.

--
William Hooper