telnet server problem

RON FLORY ron.flory at adtran.com
Mon Nov 8 17:09:29 UTC 2004

Harald Hoyer wrote:
> You do not want to login as "root", do you?

  I believe he said he was not even allowed to enter a username.

  I've seen this as well.  Before the flames about telnet vs
ssh start up, there are many legacy systems/devices in use that
do not support ssh (and they never will), so telnet access is
still sometimes necessary...

  I have seen the problem he reported occur even when SELinux is
disabled.

ron