Any advantage to downloading newly released isos if using FC3RC5

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Mon Nov 8 18:08:16 UTC 2004

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:46:28 -0700, Elaine Normandy wrote:

> I did an install (not an upgrade) of Fedora Core 3 Release Candidate 5.
> Is there any reason to download the iso's released today?  I am doing a
> yum update as I write.

I've used rsync to update the RC5 isos, and it saved *a lot* of bandwidth
and time, especially for discs 2-4. Using the final release burnt to CD-RW,
I'd like to do a fresh install to be sure it's really FC3, also with regard
to what Anaconda might add in post-install configuration.

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.9-1.2_FC2
loadavg: 2.07 2.10 2.34