Another NetworkManager question

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vR at movingparts.net
Tue Nov 9 02:29:33 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 10:02 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, Amitabha Roy wrote:
> > How is it possible that iwconfig and NM applet show conflicting information ?
> > In this case at least a 30% signal strength means that NM applet information
> > is actually incorrect.
>
> Orinoco cards have problems.  My orinoco card (and I've had the same
> report from 2 other people) will refuse to associate with an AP when its
> strength is low.  However, it will report being connected to an AP when it
> clearly cannot be.  For example:

hmmmm.  I have a Symbol wireless card which uses orinoco_cs.  At this
point (after having several problems with said driver/card and
NetworkManager, and reading comments like Dan's...), I'm thinking I need
to use a better driver.  Are there better alternatives to orinoco_cs?
Would NdisWrapper be a better choice?

--

 `
 ,