What I hope is not in FC3

Maciej Żenczykowski maze at cela.pl
Tue Nov 9 10:58:43 UTC 2004

> 2.4.x works 2.6.x doesnt. Upgrade to the ide-scsi driver and it will work
> as will eject.

Eject doesn't work on 2.6?  On my FC2 box it works fine.

nb. what's the problem with "md5sum /dev/cdrom", since "dd if=/dev/cdrom
bs=2048 count=[number of sectors] | md5sum" works.  So obviously the
problem is that tries to read past the end of the CD, isn't this
information included on the CD, can't this information be used to limit
the size of the device?  Or is there something I'm not getting that causes
end of device I/O errors to be required.

(Of course DVD's have a 32KB not 2KB sector size which would screw up
md5sum's even if it stopped reading at the end of the device cause ISO
images are 2KB multiples, maybe cdrecord should be fixed to auto-pad large
images (>1GB) to a multiple of 32KB?)

Cheers,
MaZe.