FC3 does not boot with an own vanilla kernel

RON FLORY ron.flory at adtran.com
Wed Nov 10 20:34:45 UTC 2004

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> nothing. That is purely done and used by the initrd.
> are you *sure* you are properly using an initrd ???

  using 2.6.9 from kernel.org:

    while in /usr/src/linux-2.6.9:

      mkinitrd -f -v /boot/initrd-2.6.9.img 2.6.9  ??

  is this bogus?

ron

  P.S.  as a side note, i remember the LABEL=/ directive not
        working with kernel.org 2.4 kernels since RH8, and i
        never really *had* to bother with building initrds then.
        I just assumed some RH proprietary stuff was not present
        and didn't worry too much about it.

ron