KDE Battery Monitor stops updating.

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Wed Nov 10 22:25:40 UTC 2004

I'm running FC3 Final as updated from CDROM ISOs.

I've got the acpi service running.  I'm using an HP zd7000 laptop.  I
enabled acpi in Control Center. (KDE).

Battery monitor usually displays the battery condition for a while and
then stops updating- either that or my laptop is getting incredible
battery performance !  (I think it is about to die...)  It generally
stops updating at somewhere between 50 and 70% of the battery capacity
remaining. (Roughly 45 min to 1 hour.)

One more thing:  In config-system-services, the cpuspeed daemon has a
status of "stopped".  If I restart it it will still say stopped.

Any ideas ?

--
Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc