DVD Ram Mounting Issue

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Nov 10 22:59:20 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 03:21:49PM -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Can anyone see an issue (security etc) with doing that? For traditional
> optical media it will get mounted 'ro' anyway.

CD-RW erasure comes under ro v rw and SG_IO rights to go around the back
of a file system. I think it all depends on your trust model for the
system which goes back to stuff filed for FC4 so the user can specify that.

I've no strong opinion either way but if it is changed in an update it
needs good documenting and might also need a kernel detail fixing