Features for FC4

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Thu Nov 11 13:04:02 UTC 2004

> On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 12:37 +0000, Tony Molloy wrote:
>> On Wednesday 10 November 2004 18:47, Mark Haney wrote:
>> > I know it's probably a bit early, but does anyone have a
>> > comprehensive set of features/ideas for FC4?  So far FC3 is by far
>> > the best distro out there, but surely there's been some thought to
>> > what's next.  Plus, I'd love to help out with it in any way I can,
>> > but time prohibits real development, is there any need for
>> > documentation?
>> >

>> "Best distro out there" It's been out for 4 days and so far there have
>> been at least 103 package upgrades. This sound to me like it was
>> released too early ;-)
>
> well.... most of it is minor fixes that weren't allowed in due to the
> freeze, and the developer had done the work anyway so decided to just
> push out the bugfix...
>
> the alternative is to leave the bug in; which would you prefer ?
>
> (and before you say "then delay the release"... there will ALWAYS be
> non-critical bugs, if you wait for that you will never get a release)
> --

you're right, Arjan.

But what i really would like to see is a jabber-server within this distro, it would make life much easier :-)
preferably of course jabber 2 & the most-used transports (aim, icq, irc, msn, yahoo...)...

it would also be nice, if FC4 could cook some coffee for me, while installing it ;-)

Roger