hp6200c scanner

Andrew Couture relics_rage at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 11 18:08:07 UTC 2004

Hello folks,

I was running FC3T3 on my p3/500 dell inspiron laptop. The usb hp
scanner worked slowly, but worked. Upgraded to release FC3, and now no
joy. tail -f /var/log/messages shows the vendor, product and
libusb:001:25(address). sane-find-scanner looks for a scanner and seems
to hang, then I unplug the scanner usb cord, and the information pops up
and my system. While scanner is plugged in, all other usb devices slow
down.
Any thoughts, hints or words of wisdom would be welcome

andrew