Why don't you guys like synaptic?

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Thu Nov 11 20:36:59 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 13:04 -0700, Kim Lux wrote:
> I didn't update from a test release.  I updated from a release
> candidate.  I was told there is a difference.

  Regardless of whether or not there is a difference, they are
definitely the same in one respect: upgrades from either test release or
release candidates to official releases are not supported.  It is
therefore to your benefit to set your expectations accordingly.  It can
and will break, albeit with RCs likely a lot less than test releases.
But as you can see in your case, it has (slightly) broken things.
  So the general rule of thumb is that it will probably work most of the
time, but you will likely need to spend a little time patching things
up.
  We already beat this to death on this list (or was it fedora-devel-
list?) earlier.  What is it being rehashed again?