FC3 disappointment: KsCD locks system; grip; CDROM in general.

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Nov 11 21:39:22 UTC 2004

On Thursday 11 November 2004 12:30, Kim Lux wrote:
> Does it run KDE3.3 ??? No.  I need KDE3.3 to run the latest kdevelop.  I
> am using it on a project and it is not an option to use something else.

Run one of the RHEL3 workalikes such as WhiteBox or Scientific Linux, and
point your yum  (or apt in the case of Scientific Linux) at kde-redhat's
apt/yum repository.  An hour or so later (depending upon you bandwidth) you
can have KDE 3.3 on a RHEL3-like system.  Or, for that matter, buy real RHEL3
WS and do the same.  Rinse and repeat as necessary.

I have a couple of WhiteBox installations with KDE 3.3, and a couple of
Scientific Linux installations running KDE 3.3.  Both work, and work well.
See www.whiteboxlinux.org for WhiteBox and www.scientificlinux.org for
Scientific Linux.
--
Lamar Owen