FC3 - Has the community given up on up2date?

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Thu Nov 11 22:10:38 UTC 2004

Alexandre Strube wrote:

>Em Qui, 2004-11-11 às 19:55, Ken Snider escreveu:
>

>>That argument is a red herring. Are you more likely to break, for example,
>>your python install than, say, the more-often-updated glibc install (which
>>would break all package managers, really)?
>>

>Yes!! It is more likely - It happened a dozen times with fedora 1 & 2.
>Never got a problem with glibc, altough.

I remember lots of problems with rawhide and python breaking, but with
all the updates I have done on 1 and 2, i don't remember ever having any
majour problems upgrading the proper released from fedora, for either 1
or 2.

I have over 20 desktops running Fedora, so I am fairly certain i would
remember buggered upgrades like that...

Now from rawhide, yes had loads of problems there, but then it's rawhide.

Doug