Features for FC4

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 15:21:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:34:50 +0300, Vano Beridze
<vano.beridze at silkroad.ge> wrote:
> I know this was discussed many times but I still want to know if
> it's possible to have a minimal install of fedora.

Sure its possible... feel free to take a look at the comps.xml file
that defines package groups. This has repeatedly come up, but noone in
the community who expresses interest has actually done the work to
submit an atlernative comps.xml for testing that creates a better
"minimum".  In the past, the issue as died in a long long thread of
what different people expect in a minimal install and end up bitching
back and forth over specific packages. I have NEVER seen a community
member interested in the minimal install idea actually offer an
editted comps.xml file for testing. And thats exactly what this is
going to take. Someone interested to sit down and go through the
comps.xml file groupings and re-arrange things and offer the new
comps.xml file for testing, that creates a better minimum but leaves
the desktop/workstation/server install types unaffected. Until there
is an alterative comps.xml that other people in the community can
rebuild isos with and do test installs with, there is no more to
discuss.

-jef