Features for FC4

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Sat Nov 13 17:17:23 UTC 2004

lør, 13.11.2004 kl. 17.24 skrev Kim Lux:
> On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 17:18 +0100, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
>
> > - Openoffice shoulnt use 30 secounds to load the dictionaries. (only
> > load the default language?)
> >
> > Maybee:
> > - Preloading of Openoffice and default web browser, to make the system
> > respond *imediatly* and open those progs.
>
> OO spell checking used to take forever and now it is almost
> instantaneous.  Kudos to whomever did that.

Agreed. Haven't gotten around to install FC3 on my main computer yet...
But the spell checker *still* takes ages to load in FC2. And OO
itself... It took five FIVE minutes to start on an 128 MB RAM 500 Mhz
computer (fc3).

So preloading firefox and OO when you start gnome, would be a big win.
It would make the computer *seem* a lot faster/responsive. And that is
really what counts for most desktop users.

> OO is getting faster all the time, in my opinion.  In RH8 it was pretty
> slow.
>
> BTW: I just love OO.  I use it every day.

Me to. Had to use Word 2003 on friday, and it is lightyears behind OO
when it comes to styles/object placement :)