Did you know... (KDE tool tray trick.)

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Sat Nov 13 17:54:27 UTC 2004

People might know this, but I'll share it for those that don't.

You can drag a shortcut folder onto your tooltray in KDE and then it
becomes an instant directory browser.

1) Create a shortcut folder on your Desktop.  I make mine point to ~.
(Select the folder, drag it onto the desktop and when it asks, select
"Link Here".)

2) Take the shortcut you just created and drag it onto the KDE task bar.
You should see a folder icon with an up arrow in the corner.

3) Click on the folder icon.  You've now got a mini hierarchical file
browser that lets you open a file, open a terminal or open file manager
anywhere.  It saves me a lot of time browsing (command line or
otherwise) to get where I want.

I hope this isn't wasting bandwidth.

--
Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc