Respins?

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Sun Nov 14 16:41:57 UTC 2004

Em Dom, 2004-11-14 às 12:37, Kim Lux escreveu:

> BTW: You didn't have to reinstall XP on account of installing Linux.
> You could have resized your XP partition.  I say this in case you didn't
> know.

This is not related with what was said. The OP said that is an annoyance
to install xp, download hundreds of megabytes of 'security' updates,
reboot, update more stuff, (repeat the last two steps some times), only
to begin installing its own applications.

The same applies to fedora: If you pick up FC3, install and update, you
will have to download tons of updates. As rpms are way more smart than
those ackward xp updates, you could just replace the outdated packages
with its updated versions.

Some way of doing this in a automate manner could be great. You download
a bunch of isos, update them, close those .iso files again, and install
a updated system.

I do this for my own distribution, knoppix/debian based. And it saves a
lot of work (and gives me more trouble on some stuff, which fedora is
safe from).

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group