FC3 NFS install with ISO images does not work

George Hill e1geo at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 02:25:48 UTC 2004

Can you do an NFS install using ISO images with FC3 as
you could with FC2? I just tried and it did not work.

With FC2, you could boot as linux askmethod, specify
NFS, point to an NFS-mountable directory that
contained the ISO images, and install. I tried that
with FC3 and I get a message saying that it does not
look like the directory contains Fedora. When I did a
mount -o loop ... the NFS install went fine (until it
ran out of stuff to install -- I could only mount one
iso image). Anyone else run into this? Thoughts?
Thanks,

      Geo Hill