Bad dependencies in FC3

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Mon Nov 15 03:50:14 UTC 2004

I reinstalled FC3 on our server machine to try to get past the init 5 x
respawning issue I had. (I suspect that x isn't installed on the server
installation and thus trying to run level 5 was a mistake on my part...)

Anyway: I installed the personal server setup and logged in.  I then
used Add/Remove Packages to unselect a bunch of packages that I don't
need on the server: games, oofice, multimedia and so forth.

When I try to remove oofice, I get: Packages Not Found:

The following packages could not be found on your system.
Installation cannot continue until they are installed.

openoffice.org	requ'd by openoffice.org-libs, 1.1.2-10
gnome-media     requ'd by gnome-volume-manager 1.1.0-5
gthumb		requ'd by ditto
libspi.so.0		  libgail-gnome, 1.1.0-1
... There are about 12 packages in the list

I am going to run up2date to see if this fixes a few of them.

--
Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc