Applications for FC4

Temlakos temlakos at comcast.net
Mon Nov 15 03:51:11 UTC 2004

Well, I'm a Gnome man myself. As long as Fedora distributes with both
Gnome and KDE, why not include both Anjuta and kdevelop? (Though I know
what you mean about the project-import problem. I tried importing an
existing project into a new installation of Anjuta. Finally I created a
new project, copied my include and source files into the appropriate
directories, and rebuilt the whole thing. Hey--it worked.)

I realize that we're likely to expand Fedora Core 4 to fill up all four
disks and maybe even break into a fifth disk. But, hey--some distros out
there have as many as six.

And at the risk of going from the sublime to the ridiculous, why not
include a real minimalist desktop, like Ice?

And why doesn't Fedora include WINE?

One last thing--I have a client whose biggest lament is that he can't
get onto AOL except by using a browser. How about reviving the Penggy
project to create a proper AOL client? (I already checked: WINE can't
run the Windows AOL client. Somebody tried, and it blew up. It's all
that stuff that AOL's installer puts into the protocol stack.)

Temlakos