FC3 disappointment: KsCD locks system; grip; CDROM in general.

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Mon Nov 15 16:53:12 UTC 2004

Someone over on slashdot has a similar error pattern to what I have seen
on my machine:

<paste>
I upgrade over the weekend, and now I can't access anything on the
secondary IDE controller without major problems - my load average when I
woke up this morning was over 230. This hardware has been perfectly
stable for 2 years.

hdc: dma timer_expiry: dma status == 0x21
hdc: DMA timeout error
hdc: dma timeout error: status=0xd0 {Busy}
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hdc: DMA disabled
ide1: reset: success
hdc: irq timeout: status-0x80 { Busy }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
ide: reset: success
ReiserFS: warning: is_tree_node: node level 19789 does not match to
the expected one 1
<end of paste>

I'll bet money that his /dev/hdc is a cdrom.

--
Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc