funny way of numbering kernel versions

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Nov 17 07:11:38 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 12:00:13AM -0500, seth vidal wrote:

 > >  > My guess is that this will quite likely limit an exposure of this
 > >  > kernel to testers.
 > >
 > > I goofed. Next one goes out as _FC4 instead of _devel
 > > sorry,
 >
 > 2.6.9-1.650_FC4 will not be higher than 2.6.9-1.667

Damn, you got me. This is the only annoying thing with having
multiple releases on the same kernel level. They're not
/exactly/ the same kernel, and as they come different
parts of the CVS tree, it's perfectly feasable for
a 2.6.9-1.650 to show up in FC2, FC3, and devel (FC4).

I could do something really ugly, and just bump the
devel kernels up past the last released FC3 kernel
each time I do an update, but that is a little sick.

		Dave