Device wlan0 has different MAC address than expected, ignoring.

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Wed Nov 17 19:52:44 UTC 2004

I just got it working and I'm not sure why.

I pulled "alias wlan0 ndiswrapper" out of modprobe.conf

I removed ifcfg-wlan0.  I uninstalled the broadcom driver. I rebooted
and I installed everything again.  It works.

I think that leaving the alias in modprobe caused the problem. Now
everything works including probing the MAC.

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 12:30 -0700, Kim Lux wrote:
> I am having a problem getting a wireless card to work on our server
> (acting as a router).  It was working and now it doesn't.
>
> I've got a Linksys WMP54G wireless card.  (PCI, "G", etc.
/sbin/
/sbin/lsmod
lspci
 -vvvxx