X Windows apps crash when XForwarded over ssh.

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Thu Nov 18 00:49:08 UTC 2004

I did read that and actually just reread that and man ssh.

I am unsure what the "not trusted" part of the -X forward had to do with
my problem when opening kwrite for example with no file.  As far as I
can tell, that should have opened fine with -X.  Furthermore, you'll
note that I was able to open config-system-services and make changes
with -X.  Is that not then a bug ?

It would have been nice to see a better failure error message than the
one I saw.

I think the new ssh functionality needs a bit of work.