freshrpms.net and mp3/dvd playback

Aaron Scott scott.aaron at abc.net.au
Thu Nov 18 01:31:12 UTC 2004

If you check the list of rpm's for Fedora Core 3 there is a group of
related libraries.  I use totem for DVD playback.  When I install that
( and it's dependencies ) I also install the following:

libdvdcss
libdvdnav
libdvdplay
libdvdread

You need libdvdcss to do the decryption and libdvdnav to do the menu
navigation.  Although I think totem uses code from Ogle for that.  Any
how, if you install those listed libraries and a DVD capable player
( Xine, Totem, mplayer, ogle ) you should be pretty much there.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers

Aaron