to whom it concerns ...

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Nov 18 02:49:44 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Do, den 18.11.2004 schrieb Kim Lux um 1:16:
>

>>I take it that issues we find with FC3 stuff isn't fodder for this group
>>anymore being that it is "stable" ?
>

>>Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc
>

> "For testers of Fedora Core development releases
> <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>"
>
> A stable release is no development release, and as FC3 is stable since
> nearly 2 weeks ... Of course you can face development issues if you run
> a stable Fedora Core and just specific development packages. Then
> problems regarding this development software would be right here.
>
> Alexander

Having discussions regarding failures on important hardware within the
OS seem to be good subject matter for this list. I have 2000 messages
from fedora-list at the moment (not read through yet) and would have
missed the kernel panic issues with the Dell Optiplex. I have a computer
of this type and wouldn't have seen this topic on the fedora-list. (Not
upgraded to kernel version yet.
Also, a lot of developers are most likely limited in time to monitor the
fedora-list due to high volume and would not have noticed this problem.

Jim