HP ML330 Disk Drivers.....

William Hewitt wphewitt at bpa.gov
Fri Nov 19 17:59:42 UTC 2004

Several Days ago, I asked if anyone could help me get Fedora on a HP
ML330 with an on-board proprietary disk array...... I have been sick for
the last several days and am just now getting back to my quest to make
this thing work. My original message was as follows..

---------------------------
I have an HP Proliant ML330 - fresh from the factory - and low and
behold,they have swapped out standard IDE Controllers with some funky
on-board IDE RAID Controller (Ultra ATA IDE 100)  that apparently doesnt
work with anything but RHE or RH9 or RH8...... And even then, the
documentation is lacking......
What I would like to do is get Fedora running on this system..... (From
some very simple googling, seems I am not the only one with this
problem....)

One person responded and asked me to include the specifications for the
machine..... Here are the hardware specifications....

CSB-6 Ultra ATA-100 IDE Raid Controller
LSI Logic Corporation
Version 4.1.0730.2003    (for windows anyway!)
PCI Bus 0    Device 15    Function 1