Fedora Firstboot Enhancements

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun Nov 21 22:19:45 UTC 2004

On 11/21/2004 12:42:23 PM, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:

> As far as i know, a USB printer is really never turned completely
> off...

Mine is.
I have a laserjet4 (JetDirect) - I rarely use the usb printer, only
when I need to so something with colour, less than once a month.

I turn it off as in all the way off - no power at the brick.

kudzu says it can't find it, I tell it to keep configuration, and
that's last I hear of it.

-=-

Anyway - my point is kudzu is the RH/Fedora hardware tool. Firstboot
isn't. If there is a problem with how kudzu handles a printer, kudzu
should be fixed rather than moving detection to firstboot.

People buy printers to replace old ones - so kudzu is where it belongs.