Upgrade to fc2->fc3 via yum

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Tue Nov 23 03:31:16 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 16:36 -0500, Henry Hartley wrote:
> Same question, different version...

Still a fedora-list question ;^)

> Should upgrading from FC1 to FC3 work?  Or does the change from the 2.4 to
> 2.6 kernel cause problems?

Seth Vidal says no - due to kernel/udev problems.  LVM could also be
problematic.  Would not argue with such an authoritative source.

> Can someone provide a pointer to a yum.conf I should use?

Wouldn't want to be responsible, under the circumstances, but a hint is
to change all occurrences of "$releasever" to "3" for core repositories.

Phil

list at freshrpms.net>