No sound on laptop, continued

Darek Borkowski bednar007 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 22:51:47 UTC 2004

I got it almost working. I've installed alsa-driver rpm form
atrpms.net and then started alsaconfig, which found my card in
database, added some lines to /etc/modprobe.conf and started alsa
(/etc/init.d/alsasound start). Then I had to pull up sliders in
alsamixer and I have sound, but I have to do this every time I boot my
laptop. I added /etc/init.d/alsasound et the end of rclocal script,
but this deas not work without running alsaconfig. There are two things:
1.alsamixer and gnome-mixer do not save volume levels (I always get
muted PCM and phones sliders (both volume 0% and mute checkbox)).
2.Before starting alsaconf when I want to play some music with e.g.
aplay I got error:
codec read 0: semaphore is not ready for register 0x2c

Darek Borkowski