That last set of updates has upset my box!

Mike Martin mem0tech at cableone.net
Wed Nov 24 15:57:46 UTC 2004

Paul wrote:
> I'm now running on a machine without selinux and an older xorg-x11.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

Yes,

My machine completely borked after updating this last Sunday evening
(the 21st).

It was running fine with a clean FC3 install and all was well. It
started with the eggcups/volume-control issue and went down hill from there.

Evolution quit working. I couldn't use cdrecord either and actually made
my machine panic. Gnome finally borked and I was dead in the water - I
couldn't even boot the kernel.

But as to what the heck happened, I can't figure it out. I booted with
Knoppix and scanned all the logs and such. It appears to have started
when I started running "sudo /etc/cron.daily/prelink" to fix the eggcups
issue. From the point on the system was puking. Odd.

I'm reinstalling fresh FC3 and am following Bugzilla.

Thanks,

-m