No sound on laptop, continued

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Nov 25 00:51:48 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 11:51:47PM +0100, Darek Borkowski wrote:
> I got it almost working. I've installed alsa-driver rpm form
> atrpms.net and then started alsaconfig, which found my card in
> database, added some lines to /etc/modprobe.conf and started alsa
> (/etc/init.d/alsasound start). Then I had to pull up sliders in
> alsamixer and I have sound, but I have to do this every time I boot my
> laptop.

Make sure you have in /etc/modprobe.conf something similar to

alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 && /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0

(replace snd-intel8x0 with your sound driver).

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net