X server problems?

Vadim vadim at overture.com
Mon Nov 29 18:17:00 UTC 2004

Not sure whether this belongs in this forum, or if any of you have
noticed this or not, but:

I'm running FC3 on my laptop.

We run Oracle on RH AS 2.1 and RH ES 3.0.  We also use ocfs for storage.

When I try to run an ocfstool on the server, which is a graphic ocfs
configuration tool, I get the window, but clicking on any meny items
crashes the windows and causes the following errors on client:

sh-2.05# rpm -qa|grep ocfs
ocfs-support-1.0.10-1
ocfs-tools-1.0.10-1
ocfs-2.4.9-e-enterprise-1.0.11-1

sh-2.05# ocfstool
Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)

Running same tool on my FC2 worked fine.  Running it on my RH8 desktop
also works fine.

Similarly, I can launch xterm to my FC3 form the same host and that will
work fine as well.  Tried xedit - works fine.

Looked through the web - nothing.

Any ideas?
-V