More FC3 (and rawhide) issues.

Keith Sharp kms at passback.co.uk
Mon Nov 29 19:08:42 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 11:36 -0500, Noah Silva [Mailing list] wrote:
> Forgot some ...
>
> a. I have had performance problems and found some applications using an
> ENORMOUS amount of memory.  Evolution was taking nearly 400mb at one
> point, and epiphany wasn't much better.  I know hot to use top and
> gnome-system-monitor and restart things, but some people would just wonder
> why their system gets so unbelievably slow...  Restarting them helps fix
> the problem, at least for a while.  I may have a lot of mail, but jeez...
> I can't be the only one who's noticed this.

I see this with the out of date version of Evolution I am running
(evolution-1.5.93-2) on an FC2 system:

20276 kms       16   0  330m 135m  34m S  0.0 35.9  40:43.51 evolution

I will be upgrading to FC3 soon, and I hope that will reducing things.
The memory usage appears to grow with time, and is directly related to
the number of messages per folder on my remote IMAP server (Dovecot on
another FC2 system).

> b. In evolution, in the calendar, the scrolling seems not to work right.
> It won't scroll until I go 4 or 5 blocks (in the month view) and then it
> will suddenly jump.  Should this be files with Novell or Redhat?  This
> seems to happen not on my rawhide machine.  (Also sometimes entries don't
> update properly until restarting evo.)

Again, I see this with my 1.5.x evolution, but on my laptop (FC2 with
evolution-2.0.1-2) the calendar works much better, but I still get the
odd scrolling problem, like you describe, in the month view.

Dave Malcolm should be able to let you know where to raise the bugs.
When you do create bugs, please let me know and I'll add my experiences.

Keith.