Features for FC4

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Tue Nov 30 06:08:49 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 11:25 -0500, Noah Silva [Mailing list] wrote:
> I like the idea of this wish-list, especially since the Fedora.redhat.com
> seems to never have any list of "planned features" or anything like that.
> (for that matter it still has the FC3 release schedule up!)

Because there's no decision on the FC-4 release schedule yet

> I really like the idea of the panel applet to change languages for certain
> apps in mid-session.  For example, I routinely log in in Japanese but use
> certain apps in English (like Gnucash which croaks in Japanese half the
> time).

Add it to the Wishlist (or get someone in the EditGroup to do it for
you) (cc'ing toshio, so he might do it)

> I will also add an entry here for a Java VM, since there are stong rumers
> that IBM will release a complete VM and classes as open source soon.

Till we see something, we don't have wishful thinking (even though its a
wish list)
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi