Memory consumption

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Tue Nov 30 15:30:34 UTC 2004

Did anything happened after kernel 2.6.7? I've upgraded my kernel to
2.6.8 (yeah fc2, but I've seen some people complaining about it on newer
kernels, that's why I'm asking here). The memory is being used more than
ever, for the same applications. Something like 300 megs for evolution

(The machine has 384mb of ram, so you could figure what happens with
swap).

I don't know what happened, but after some upgrades the machine IS
consuming more memory than ever. This happens with every app I use,
evolution was an example.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group