/usr has vanished

gslink gslink at one.net
Tue Nov 30 23:10:20 UTC 2004

You forget something.  ALL bug reports MUST be properly documented.  You
can't just report that it doesn't work.  The cost of a usefull bug
report is anywhere from $500 to $15000 for a bug such as this because it
is necessary to spend the time to find out what is really wrong.  Some
of these bugs cost so much we can't afford to report them.  That was the
case here.  It is simply not obvious what code is actually causing this
problem.  We have several of these problems but all are going to need
lots of digging even to get a case that fails every time and a bug that
can't be reproduced is not the proper subject of a bug report.