FC3test1: X / display hangs after overnight inactivity

alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Oct 1 21:07:24 UTC 2004

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:

> Which leaves me with two options:
> - Begin to harvest the pover of /etc/skel
> - Bich the fedora developers...

Just changing the screensaver is not a solution.

Finding out *why* the hang is occuring is much more useful.

As for "single boring screensavers", I get more people to try Linux after
seeing the screensavers than any other factor.  Think of them like an
attract screen on a video game.  (Without having to worry about losing all
your quarters.)