Rawhide 'yum --exclude=mod-perl\* update oops...

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 19:26:09 UTC 2004

whew.... recovered, I think, thanks to yum.

I collected the 'installed' packages from /var/cache/yum/development/packages,
and did 'rpm -ivh --nodeps --justdb .....', followed by 'yum update'.

I have no idea why the rpmdb got messed up, but I do notice that the
'new' one (/var/lib/rpm) is substantially smaller than the old one.

76864   rpm
130800  rpm.old

I think I will start replicating /var/lib /rpm....

tom

--
Tom London