Yum error with "runuser" not found

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Oct 8 00:38:24 UTC 2004

On Thursday 07 October 2004 20:10, seth vidal wrote:

> > Is there any way to ask yum just to forget about initscripts,
> > and install whatever it can install?
>
> You could read the man page and learn about the --exclude option for the
> command line.

Actually, my "man yum" page does not mention "--exclude".
(I upgraded from FC1 to FC2, and from FC2 to FC3t2.)

But thanks for the hint.
I managed finally to complete a yum update.
[tim at william ~]$ sudo yum --exclude initscripts --exclude openoffice.org
--exclude openoffice.org-libs --exclude openoffice.org-i18n
--exclude xinitrc --exclude findutils update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up Repo:  development
repomd.xml                100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
Completing update for fedora-logos  - 774/775
Complete!

I'm amazed there are so many updates in so short a time.

I guess now I need  look around for the missing rpms.
Anyone got any suggestions where to look?
(I can't access rpmfind at the moment.)

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366